Click below on the icon next to a poem to read the original poem in Catalan
JORDI VIVES I BATLLE (n. 1964)
- ANGEL OF OBLIVION
(Translation by the author)
- Sweet angel of oblivion, I am still weary of leaving.
- I hide amongst the shadows beneath your distant sounds.
- If you come to collect me bring me to a stiller darkness
- Perhaps to be forever, perhaps not to be mine.
- Perhaps I will be a silence, the oblivion of my people
- who crawls amongst the shadows of an unfinished time.
- Some dreams will die forever, new dreams may be forthcoming
- And yet your very shadows are now my fondest dream.
- Sweet angel of oblivion, more stone remains lay scattered
- Beyond the lofty highness of my lost paradise.
- Do not attempt to bring me the flames that burn forever
- If I must be the seeker of your great solitude.
- If you return to judge me the pagan night of my dreams
- Shall pour its deadly stilless above your forehead.
- Return free, so that only the distant ocean water
- becomes the secret music that mingles with our souls.